Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Master of Science (M.S.)
Candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
A minimum of two undergraduate psychology courses including statistics and one upper division psychology course are required [comparable courses in relevant disciplines (e.g., Business) will be considered]. Applicants are required to submit academic transcripts for any undergraduate and graduate work. An undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 is required. Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher are exempt from the GRE requirement. Target scores for the Industrial and Organizational Psychology program are 149 or above on the Verbal section and 144 or above on the Quantitative section of the GRE.
Applicants must submit a personal statement addressing academic experiences, professional goals, and an explanation of why the field of I-O psychology, and specifically the EKU I-O Psychology Online Program, is a good fit. Below are some additional questions to consider as you construct your response.
- What personal characteristics do you possess that you believe are important to the practice of I-O psychology?
- Do you possess any particular strengths that you feel will be an asset to you in graduate school?
- What are your professional goals and how do they match the mission of our program?
- Describe any experiences that have particularly prepared you for graduate study in I-O psychology (e.g., work experience, research experience, particular coursework, etc.).
- If you feel that any portion of your application does not accurately reflect your academic skills or preparation for graduate school in psychology (e.g., GRE, GPA, etc.), please explain in your personal statement.
Applicants must arrange for submission of three letters of recommendation providing evidence of academic potential from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic or employment experience. Applicants must also submit a curriculum vitae/Resume.
Applications are completed online. Applicant deadlines are August 5th, October 5th, January 5th, and March 5th.
CIP Code: 42.2804
The successful completion of 36 credit hours is required of candidates for the Master of Science in Industrial and Organizational Psychology. In addition to 33 hours of required courses, 3 credit hours of practicum are required.
|PSY 804||Introduction to I-O Psychology||3|
|PSY 807||Work Analysis||3|
|PSY 809||Performance Management||3|
|PSY 873||Organizational Psychology||3|
|PSY 874||Organization Change and Dev||3|
|PSY 875||Training and Development||3|
|PSY 805||Quantitative Research Methods||3|
|PSY 806||Applied Research Methods||3|
|Consulting and Professional Skills|
|PSY 810||Consulting and Business Skills||3|
|PSY 811||Professional Development||3|
|PSY 812||Practicum in I-O Psychology||3|