Applied Behavioral Analyst Certification, University Certificate
To obtain a BCBA Certification students must:
- hold a Master’s or Doctoral degree;
- have completed Board approved ABA coursework;
- have completed the required and documented supervised practical experience; and
- pass an examination administered by the Behavioral Analyst Certification Board
The ABA Certificate is designed for students who already have a Master’s or Doctoral degree, and who want to work toward eligibility to sit for the BCBA Certification Exam.
The ABA Certificate provides the required approved ABA coursework.
Students are responsible for finding their own practical experiences in order to accumulate the required hours of supervised experience, and for scheduling and paying for the BCBA Certification Exam. Information can be found at www.bacb.com
- Note that persons planning to apply for BCBA Certification are required by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board to hold a Master’s or Doctoral degree, to have completed the Board approved ABA coursework, to have completed the required and documented supervised practical experience, and to pass an examination administered by the Behavioral Analyst Certification Board.
- The ABA Certificate from EKU provides the required ABA coursework. Students are responsible for finding their own practical experiences in order to accumulate the required hours of supervised experience, and for scheduling and paying for the BCBA Certification Exam. Information can be found at www.bacb.com.
• For students with a Master’s degree, admission requirements are minimum overall graduate grade point average of 2.75, minimum of one research course and one statistics course, minimum of three additional courses in psychology or a related discipline and a personal statement.
- Personal statement must address the following areas:
- What personal characteristics do you possess that you believe are important to the practice of applied behavior analysis? Do you possess any particular strengths that you feel will be an asset to you in graduate school? What about any personal challenges that you think might hinder your progress?
- What are your professional goals?
- Describe any experiences that have particularly prepared you for graduate study in applied behavior analysis (e.g., co-op/internships, work experiences, life experiences).
- Explain if you feel that any portion of your application does not accurately reflect your academic skills or preparation to complete this certificate.
CIP Code: 42.2814
ABA Certificate (Online Only)
|PSY 817||Intro Foundations in Beh Analy (Must be taken before other ABA courses)||3|
|PSY 813||Ethics and Prof Conduct Appl B||3|
|PSY 816||Philosophical Underpinning ABA||3|
|PSY 833||Beh Research and Measurement||3|
|PSY 855||Addressing Problem Behaviors||3|
|PSY 895||Building New Behaviors||3|
|PSY 866||Adv Topics Applied Beha Analys||3|